Please read the McKinney Community Development Corporation Grant Guidelines prior to completing this application.
The Grant Guidelines are available on this website, or can be obtained by calling 214-544-0296.
Please call to discuss your plans for submitting an application in advance
of completing this form.
Completed application and all supporting documents are required to be submitted
electronically or on a CD for consideration by the McKinney Community Development Corporation (MCDC) board. Please submit physical applications with CDs to:
McKinney Community Development Corporation
5900 South Lake Forest Boulevard, Suite 110
McKinney, TX 75070
If you are interested in a preliminary review of your project proposal or idea, please complete and submit the Letter of Inquiry form which is available on this website, or by calling 214-544-0296.
Applications must be completed in full, using this form electronically (or physically with the requested CD by mail), and received by MCDC by 5 p.m. on the application deadline indicated on the "Grants" page of this website.
May be included as an attachment.
1: Applying Organization
Describe the mission, strategic goals and objectives, scope of services, day to day
operations and number of paid staff and volunteers.
Disclose and summarize any significant, planned organizational changes and describe their potential impact on the Project/Promotion/Community Event for which funds are requested.
2: Project or Promotion/Community Event (whichever is applicable)
- Outline details of the Project/Promotion/Community Event for which funds are requested. Include information regarding scope, goals, objectives, and target audience.
- For Promotional Grants/Community Events - describe how this initiative will promote the City of McKinney for the purpose of business development and/or tourism.
- Describe how the proposed Project/Promotion/Community Event fulfills the strategic goals and objectives for your organization.
- Please also include planned activities, time frame/schedule, and estimated attendance and admission fees if applicable.
- Include the venue/location for the Project/Promotion/Community Event.
- Provide a timeline for the Project/Promotion/Community Event.
- Detail goals for growth/expansion in future years.
Provide specific information to illustrate how this Project/Promotion/Event aligns with one or more of the goals and strategies adopted by McKinney City Council and McKinney Community Development:
- Eligible for MCDC consideration under Sections 501 to 505 of the Texas Local Government Code (refer to MCDC Grant Guidelines)
- Support cultural, sports, fitness, entertainment, community projects and events that attract resident and visitor participation and contribute to quality of life, business development and growth of McKinney sales tax revenue
- Highlight and promote McKinney as a unique destination for residents and visitors alike
- Meet citizen needs for quality of life improvements, business development and sustainable economic growth for residents in the City of McKinney
- Demonstrate informed financial planning – addressing long-term costs, budget consequences and sustainability of projects for which funding is requested
- Educate the community about the impact local dining and shopping has on investment in quality of life Improvements in McKinney
- Provide an overview of the organization’s financial status including the impact of this grant request on organization mission and goals.
- Please attach your budget for the current year and audited financial statements for the preceding two years. If audited financials are not available, please indicate why.
4: Marketing and Outreach
Describe marketing plans and outreach strategies for your organization, for the Project/Promotion/Community Event for which you are requesting funding, and how they are designed to help you achieve current and future goals.
5: Metrics to Evaluate Success
Outline the metrics that will be used to evaluate success of the proposed Project/Promotion/Community Event. If funding is awarded, a final report will be required summarizing success in achieving objectives outlined for the event.
Please select all options which are true for your proposed Project/Promotion/Community Event.
If so, please list: entity, date of request and amount requested.
- The Project/Promotion/Community Event for which financial assistance is sought will be administered by or under the supervision of the applying organization;
- All funds awarded will be used exclusively for the purpose described in this application;
- MCDC will be recognized in all marketing, outreach, advertising and public relations as a funder of the Project/Promotion/Community Event. Specifics to be agreed upon by applicant and MCDC and included in an executed performance agreement;
- Organization’s officials who have signed the application are authorized by the organization to submit the application;
- Applicant will comply with the MCDC Grant Guidelines in executing the Project/Promotion/Community Event for which funds were received.
- A final report detailing the success of the Project/Promotion/Community Event, as measured against identified metrics, will be provided to MCDC no later than 30 days following the completion of the Project/Promotion/Community Event.
- Up to 80% of the approved grant may be provided, on a reimbursement basis, prior to conclusion of the Project/Promotion/Community Event with submission of invoices/receipts to MCDC. The final 20% may be paid following MCDC’s receipt of unpaid invoices/receipts; documentation of fulfillment of obligations to MCDC; and final report on the Project/Promotion/Community Event.
- The required performance agreement will contain a provision certifying that the applicant does not and will not knowingly employ an undocumented worker in accordance with Chapter 2264 of the Texas Government Code, as amended. Further, should the applicant be convicted of a violation under 8 U.S.C. § 1324a(f), the applicant will be required to repay the amount of the public subsidy provided under the agreement plus interest, at an agreed to interest rate, not later than the 120th day after the date the MCDC notifies the applicant of the violation.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline listed in the application guidelines will not be considered.
We certify that all figures, facts and representations made in this application, including attachments, are true and correct to the best of our knowledge.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field