Over $155 Million Invested Since 1996
Since 1996, the McKinney Community Development Corporation has been dedicated to making McKinney, Texas, an even better place for its residents to live and enjoy life.
By funding community and economic development projects, we strive to honor our past, celebrate today and plan for our future. McKinney’s population is growing at a record pace, but we are committed to holding fast to the small town values that make McKinney such a special place to live, work and visit.
McKinney Quality of Life
McKinney, one of the fastest-growing cities in America, is known for the following:
- Award-winning schools
- Beautiful parks
- Diversified economy
- Historic downtown
- Rolling hills
- Tree-lined neighborhoods
- Unique neighborhoods
Enhancing McKinney's Aesthetic, Cultural and Leisure Amenities
The McKinney Community Development Corporation is an organization with a mission to promote and preserve the quality of life in McKinney.
It was established in 1996 when McKinney voters approved a one-half cent sales tax to be used to enhance McKinney's aesthetic, cultural and leisure amenities.
Our vision is to be a driving force for a premier quality of life in McKinney.
Our mission is to work proactively, in partnership with others, to promote and fund community, cultural and economic development projects that maintain and enhance the quality of life in McKinney.
Our guiding principles are:
- Serve ethically and with integrity.
- Provide responsible stewardship.
- Embrace our role and responsibility.
- Honor the past and provide innovative leadership for the future.
- Make strategic and transparent decisions that best serve the community.
We have funded projects for:
- Public parks and open space improvements.
- Public recreational, sports and community facilities.
- Entertainment, tourist and convention facilities.
- Affordable housing.
- Economic development and the creation of jobs.