Who We Are
In 1996, McKinney voters approved a half-cent sales tax to be used to provide grants to projects and events that would enhance McKinney’s aesthetic, cultural and leisure amenities. Over the past 25 years, MCDC has invested more than $155 million back into the community.
The McKinney Community Development Corporation is dedicated to honoring our history, celebrating today and planning for the future. While McKinney’s population grows at a record pace, our commitment is to be a driving force for premier quality of life in McKinney, which makes our city a unique and special place live, work and visit.
Why People Love McKinney
What Guides Us
Staying true to voter intent, we work proactively, in partnership with others, to promote and fund community, cultural and economic development projects that maintain and enhance the quality of life in McKinney.
- Serve ethically and with integrity.
- Provide responsible stewardship.
- Embrace our role and responsibility.
- Honor the past and provide innovative leadership for the future.
- Make strategic and transparent decisions that best serve the community.
- Ensure application/project eligibility for MCDC consideration under Sections 501 to 505 of the Texas Local Government Code.
- Meet citizen needs for quality of life improvements, business development and sustainable economic growth for residents in the City of McKinney.
- Provide support for cultural, sports, fitness, entertainment, community projects and events that attract resident and visitor participation and contribute to quality of life, business development and increased McKinney sales tax revenue.
- Highlight and promote McKinney as a unique destination for residents and visitors alike.
- Demonstrate informed financial planning – addressing long-term costs, budget consequences and sustainability of projects for which funding is requested.
- Educate the community about the impact that local dining and shopping has on investment in quality of life improvements in McKinney.
Board of Directors
Seven members serve on the MCDC Board of Directors. They are elected in two-year staggered terms.
- 8 a.m.
- Meets the fourth Thursday of every month (third Thursday in November and December)
- Video streamed live on McKinney Vision and available in Legistar after the meeting
- City Hall Council Chambers
222 N. Tennessee Street
McKinney, TX 75070
Agendas & Minutes
Board meeting agendas are available at least 72 hours prior to the meetings. Minutes of board meetings are generally posted about six weeks after the meeting, once MCDC Board and City Council have approved.
|Mary Barnes-Tilley, Secretary||John Mott|
|Jackie Brewer, Chairman||Kathryn McGill|
|David Kelly||Angela Richardson-Woods, Treasurer|
|Rick Glew, Vice Chairman||Deborah Bradford (Alternate)|