Quality of Life Award
The Quality of Life Award is Presented to Individuals Who Make a Positive Difference in McKinney
Each year, the McKinney Community Development Corporation presents a Quality of Life Award to an individual and/or organization that has made a positive difference in the lives of McKinney citizens. The Quality of Life Award provides an opportunity to recognize an individual and/or organization that works to make McKinney a better place to live, work and visit.
To be nominated for the Quality of Life Award, the individual or organization must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Has made a significant economic, social or environmental impact on the community.
- Is a public use project, facility or initiative that impacts the community at large.
- Promotes, develops or creates:
- Affordable housing,
- Business growth or tourism, and/or
- Recreational, cultural or community assets or amenities.
For more information, view the Quality of Life Award Criteria and Winners (PDF).
You may submit a nomination in two ways:
- You may complete the Quality of Life Nomination Form online on our website.
- Download and complete a Quality of Life Nomination Form (PDF) and send it to:
McKinney Community Development Corporation
Attention: Cindy Schneible
5900 South Lake Forest Drive, Suite 110
McKinney, Texas 75070
Presentation of the award takes place at the annual McKinney Chamber of Commerce Community Awards Event.
For More Information
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please email Cindy Schneible or call at 972-547-7653.
“Quality of life touches every aspect of a city. It affects the growth rate by attracting residents, the tourism industry by offering amenities visitors find enticing and the economic foundation by attracting businesses with a quality lifestyle for the workforce.”
Previous Award Winners
- 2019 Alliance of Elite Youth Leadership (Organization)
- 2019 Juli Smith, All Abilities Playground (Individual)
- 2018 Legacy Bank of Texas (Organization)
- 2018 Colin Kimball (Individual)
- 2017 North Collin County Habitat for Humanity (Organization)
- 2017 Ruth Thompson, Hugs Café (Individual)
- 2016 Volunteer McKinney (Organization)
- 2016 Jamie St. Clair, Empty Bowls (Individual)
- 2015 Christine Hockin-Boyd / Community Lifeline
- 2014 Maylee Thomas Fuller
- 2014 3e McKinney
- 2013 Tracy Rath
- 2012 John Moore
- 2011 Matt Johnson
- 2010 Beth Bentley
- 2009 Erma Beeson
- 2008 George Webb
- 2007 Dr. Mack Hill
- 2006 Harry McKillop
- 2005 Gerry Ruschhaupt
- 2004 Food Pantry
- 2003 Samaritan Inn
- 2002 Barney and Me Boxing Gym
- 2001 The Crape Myrtle Trails of McKinney